We are reaching out to let you know we are here to support our TrackActive customers during this difficult time. We wanted to give you some tips on how to best use technology to help your business incorporate Telehealth as an alternative to face-to-face consultations.
Moving to video-based consultations is an obvious choice in order to continue helping your patients, and your business. For many, this may feel unusual and you may find it is difficult to justify it as providing the same amount of value and care to your patients. However, we encourage you to embrace this new method of delivering care.
Telehealth has been growing over the years and the justification of its value is shown by numerous research studies demonstrating effectiveness is comparable to face-to-face care. Also it is pleasing to see insurance companies are beginning to cover Telehealth consults. This should be expected considering exercise rehabilitation is the bedrock of musculoskeletal care, with manual therapy losing favour in recent years.
TrackActive is well placed to support your move to Telehealth consultations, and importantly will give your patients more value with, and between, each consultation. Here are some of our tips to making the move to Telehealth:
- Pick a reliable video-based calling software. In our opinion Zoom is a very good option as it allows calendar invites to be sent and for our European customers, reports to be GDPR compliant.
- When creating or editing your patient rehabilitation programmes, use the screen share option. This way you can show patients the edits that you make to them, and you can play the exercise videos directly to your patient on the screen.
- Encourage your patients to use the TrackActive patient app or web login to view programmes, log completed sessions, and report back on progress.
- Add more value in between consultations by replying to patient programme notes. This keeps you connected to them and makes follow-up consultations more productive.
- Send PROMs or alternatively record PROMs through TrackActive while on a call to your patient. Again this adds value and helps you keep a measurable record on their progress. Once you create a patient’s programme, you can send PROMs directly to your patient. Our next development will be to expand our PROMs library. The current library is sufficient to cover lower limb, spine, upper limb and hand rehabilitation. It also includes the Patient Specific Functional Scale which is a highly versatile scale.
We hope you all stay safe and healthy during this very challenging period. From a technology perspective, we will do our best to support you, so please reach out if you have any questions.